I needed a place to collect my thoughts, a place where I can write about the shows not part of my dissertation. Series, serials, quality TV and even reality, which are part of screen culture today and all need discussion.
Since most of my colleagues are in the same position, fruitful intelligent talk on many shows is cut short, because we are running off to interview these or those people, are archiving this snippet of research material, only have thirty minutes before we return to our dissertation scripts.
BUT - everyone takes breaks, here and there, short and long, on their computer. We all know the facebook status: writing my dissertation / working on paper etc. mmmmh...so why are you on facebook???
So this will be my break. Write about things I love, note ideas that may lead to papers for me or, should I have any, readers of my blog... we'll see.

No comments:
Post a Comment